Thursday, October 6, 2011

Traveling Home: Philadelphia


I'm just hours away from heading to New Jersey for what feels like the hundredth time in the past few weeks. Even though I am biased, I feel like this is the best reason ever to make that drive (ugh Maryland traffic)--my mom is getting married!

My Mom and Mike have been together for the best part of a decade, and are amazing together. I am impossibly excited for them, especially since this exact same weekend last year I was heading back to NJ for Mike's surgery for prostate cancer. This will be an infinitely better Fall Break.

On Saturday 50 of my mom's and Mike's nearest and dearest will gather in Philadelphia to celebrate.

Mom asked me to put together a list of my favorite places in Old City just in case people wanted to go out and celebrate later after the official celebration. Here are just a few of my Philadelphia favorites.

My two big favorites right now in Old City are Swanky Bubbles and Farmicia. Swanky is an old favorite of mine. I love their ridiculously girlie drinks that contain things like lychee and chocolate. Farmicia is a new favorite. I love the food here, and the drinks so far have been fun and delicious. I'm excited to see what else they do with the space.

Another old favorite is The Continental. When I lived in Philadelphia, this was one of the regular places for my friends and me. The martini menu is huge, and bartenders were cute. What more could you want?


A newer favorite is National Mechanics. It's big and dark and kind of funky, plus they have 34 different beers on their beer menu. Again, what's not to love?


Other standard favorites are Cuba Libre, and Revolution House. Cuba Libre has to die for mojitos, and Revolution House has a really spectacular happy hour.

So those are some of my Philadelphia favorites, and this weekend I get to see some of my favorite people there. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment