Monday, October 24, 2011

Photography


Yesterday Jessica and I had the opportunity to take maternity photographs for a very dear friend of ours. As a general rule, I know virtually nothing about the mechanics of photography. I've never taken a class, and while I regularly cruise the Digital Photography School, I can't really say it's more than a hobby. It's a hobby I got into only a few years ago as I really started to travel. I figured if I was going to be traveling so much, I should at least do myself the favor and start taking semi-decent photographs of all the cool things I was seeing. After all, it would be a shame to try to take a picture of the Sphinx, and accidentally get just my thumb instead.

I get excited to try new things with my camera. With a bit of arm twisting, we got our friends to pose for these photos. While I'll never have "the perfect shot" my sharpness will never be spot on, and I'll never be sure if I'm using quite the right lens, this is a hobby that continually allows me to grow and create.


And if every once in a while, I can take a photo or two that makes a friend smile, I'm perfectly happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment