Friday, September 9, 2011

Local Wineries: Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards


One of my favorite things about having out of town guests is that I get to take them around to Charlottesville's ever-expanding list of wineries. The newest one that has received the most buzz is Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards.

When S was in town, we took a ride down to see the winery, and were amazed at how beautiful it was. I think the pictures speak for themselves.

The place is picture-perfect, which I suppose is not surprising since they are marketing themselves as a wedding venue. The owners have definitely thought about every little detail, and it shows the minute you walk on to the porch. I think the nice surprise is that on top of that the wines are delicious already. While the selection isn't huge, but we were both impressed with the Rose.



I can't wait to go back and try the food menu because the cheese plates listed on the menu sounded amazing. Plus, a winery in the area that offers real food rather than packaged crackers and cheese? A huge plus in my mind.


I hope they start hosting public events here soon. S and I both thought this place would be amazing in the fall and winter (I spied a fire pit) with big bold reds, working fire pits and live music.

No comments:

Post a Comment