Monday, February 6, 2012

Favorite Things


One of the things that we did while in Paris was seek out our favorite things; violet & cassis macarons, fresh oysters and rich hot chocolate. That's one of the joys of vacations (especially vacations to Paris), right?


One of my boyfriend's favorite things is wine. The wine at his house is always killer, and he gets all dreamy eyed when a store by his house has a particularly fantastic bottle. When I was in Paris last summer, I wandered past this little wine shop, and I knew it was a place that he'd have to visit in January. It was hard not to be impressed there.

My indulgence that day was tea. As on each prior to trip to Paris, I had to visit Mariage Freres. Even though I know the lines and general mania will be less at the other locations, I can't help but love the original one on Rue Bourg Tibourg.

While there I picked up some violet tea and a tea canister with Russian writing on it. It was the perfect souvenir of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment