Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Macarons


One of my favorite indulgences while in Paris is macarons. They're the perfect size dessert, and I love sampling all of the different flavors--especially the exotic ones.

My goal for this trip to Paris was to try as many different types as possible so we started with a visit to the famed Laduree to pick up some of their completely decadent macaroons.

Despite being a die-hard chocoholic, I fell in love with their violet cassis ones.

While we were in Zurich, we tried the Swiss version of macarons which had a bit more filling than the French ones. One of my favorite were the gold ones which were filled with a champagne filling.

Needless to say, most of our nights in Europe ended with a small box of macarons and some wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment