Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Little Bit of Magic


One of my new favorite artists is Sophie Blackall. I discovered her via a friend, and instantly fell in love with her Missed Connections. The idea of during missed connections from Craigslist (a guilty pleasure of mine) into art was something I could get behind. Almost without thinking, I purchased one of my favorites--Ice Skating in Central Park.

Imagine my delight when my friend, Kat, emailed me over the weekend to point out a particular Charlottesville Missed Connection which reads:

we took a class on dostoevsky together last spring and walk past each other on grounds sometimes. you sometimes smile at me, but yesterday in clemons we passed each other and smiled for a long time. for some reason i feel like you read this stuff, and you're beautiful and interesting and i'd like to get to know you better, if only as a friend.

would love to hear back


That's the course I taught last year. A little missed connection in my class--how utterly fantastic is that? I love the idea of a little romance springing up from Russian literature (although I'd like for it to end happier than--well pretty much any piece of Russian literature).

No comments:

Post a Comment