Friday, April 20, 2012

Green Smoothie Challenge

Inspired by a few of the blogs I read regularly, I decided to try a Green Smoothie Challenge. Since the summer is coming up, and I've been stressed out/feeling poorly, I figure it's a good way to make sure I'm eating properly.

Unlike most people, I typically don't have a problem eating enough greens. I'm obsessed with vegetables & I eat a meat free diet for the bulk of the week (living alone +broke grad student=not buying meat regularly).
I actually don't eat enough fruit. I just forget about fruit, which is sort of terrible.

So today was Day One, and though I was skeptical of adding spinach to something I was about to drink, it was so delicious.

Today's smoothie contained:
-Trader Joe's Coconut Milk
-Half of a Banana
-One Handful of Blackberries
-Two handfuls of spinach
-Ice
-a few drops of honey (a favor from my friends' wedding, how sweet is that?)

I'm super happy with the resulting smoothie. It may not be green in color (thanks to the blackberries), but it tastes delicious!

1 comment: