Saturday, July 16, 2011

Destination: Portland

Yesterday we said good-bye to Seattle & our friends, and began the real driving part of our road trip. Our first destination? Portland.

What can I say about this city? It's divine. We browsed the absolutely heavenly Powell's City of Books, drank craft beer at a local restaurant called Clyde Commons, and browsed two farmers markets.

Our hostess in Seattle once said she could see me living in Portland, and after just two days there I have to say that I agree. I love the feeling of community there. I loved strolling through the markets, sampling the various foods, and talking to the vendors. I'm a sucker for a big city that feels like a small town, and that's exactly the feel Portland has.

So our road trip is off to a pretty incredible start. Here's to 10 more days as awesome as the first four.

No comments:

Post a Comment