Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Road Trip: Seattle

For just about two years now I've had this dream of partaking in a road trip down the west coast of the U.S. I pictured a leisurely winding trip with no particular plan or route. I tried to sell friends and family alike on my idea, but could never sell anyone on it enough to book tickets. And then I got an email from Jessica, the best Aussie I know, that outlined her plan to return to the U.S. this summer. From that email our west coast road trip was born.

We've spent the past two days running around Seattle with our lovely native hosts. I've been amazed at how stunningly beautiful and green this area is.

The past two days have included visits to Pike Place Market, the original Starbucks and a tour of Jaime's beloved UW campus.

All in all it's been the best possible way to start my dream west coast road trip.

Seattle is yet another entry on my list of places I must see again.

Tomorrow we officially hit the road for our next stop-Portland, Oregon!

I'm so happy to have spent the past few days here with our loveliest of hostess/tour guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment